Promoted ContentThe Highest Paid Football Players In The World6 Extreme Facts About Hurricanes7 Non-Obvious Things That Damage Your PhoneBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadePlaying Games For Hours Can Do This To Your BodyCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way7 Mind-Boggling Facts About Black HolesThe Most Exciting Cities In The World To VisitWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Who’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?Who Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This Year The 27-year-old midfielder initially left the club in 2012, when his contract expired, and joined Italian giants Juventus, helping them to win four successive Serie A titles. With his reputation as one of the world’s best midfielders confirmed, he came back to United for a record transfer fee but it came as no surprise to those closest to the Frenchman. Pogba spoke to podcast hosts Sam Homewood, Helen Evans and David May at the Aon Training Complex last month, before the break in football due to coronavirus. The full interview will be released on Monday evening via Deezer and all the usual platforms. He discusses his exit from Sir Alex Ferguson’s side in detail but admits he had unfinished business with the Reds, after being immersed in the culture of the club since arriving as a 16-year-old from Le Havre in his homeland.Advertisement Paul Pogba has revealed in an unmissable episode of UTD Podcast that his mother always knew he would return to Manchester United. “My mother always told me: ‘You will go somewhere but come back’,” he said. “She always said this. I was like: ‘We will see’ but you know mothers, and the things she said: ‘You will come back here, don’t worry’ and that was just after. She said: ‘You will come back to Manchester, don’t worry’, and I did. “When I came back, I was really happy to come back. I left it and didn’t finish. I started something but I didn’t finish, I just went somewhere else. Obviously, coming back to where I started was, for me, why I was really happy. Now, I was ready to come as a confirmed player, not a youth player.” Pogba’s family have clearly been huge influences on his life and career and he admits this is where he gains his self-belief from. “My parents came from Africa to get to France and worked hard for me,” he explained. “I think, as a kid, you don’t really know but [with] my mum, there used to be five in the house, and it’s hard for a mother. You have to feed them and have to be there for them and everything. She works hard to help us, you know. “For us, so we have everything, because of her, so I have to work 10 times harder and it’s something I always have in my mind. My dad as well. To be the best, the first, to always want more. read also:Ighalo: Man Utd will be formidable with Pogba, Fernandes “When you have a dream, just go for it. A dream is free. You wake up after a dream but, at least when you dream, you can dream as big as you want. You still dream and want to achieve it. What my goals are, I always want more, we can always learn at this age or 10 or even 40 or 50. You will always learn something. I love to learn new things. I love to try things and stuff.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading…
Statewide—The Indiana Republican Party set a new personal record in this year’s municipal elections, ending the 2019 cycle with 70 Republican mayors throughout Indiana. This involved flipping 19 mayoral offices. Republicans now hold 23 more mayoral offices than Democrats, another record.“It was a historic night for Republicans throughout Indiana as voters in city after city elected Republicans mayors,” said Indiana GOP Chairman Kyle Hupfer. “Never in the history of Indiana have Republicans held this many mayoral offices or had this wide a margin over Democrats.”Not content to compete in just one region, the Indiana Republican Party invested time, talent and significant resources in races throughout the state. This coordination and teamwork is what the GOP says led to the flip of 19 mayoral offices in cities across the state.This bodes well as Governor Holcomb will lead a motivated, organized and energized team of Republicans into the 2020 elections. Governor Holcomb has already secured the needed signatures to achieve ballot access in his reelection.
RelatedPosts Neymar, Di Maria, Paredes test positive for COVID-19 PSG seal first-ever Champions League final appearance UEFA Champions League: PSG players party after Dortmund defeat, coach surprised Angel Di Maria once again proved his worth with a double that earned Paris St Germain a 4-1 win at Nice and a five-point lead in the Ligue 1 standings on Friday.The result put PSG on 24 points from 10 games as Nice finished with nine men after Wylan Cyprien and Christophe Herelle were sent off during the last 20 minutes.They however reduced the arrears in the second half through Ignatius Ganago.Kylian Mbappe came off the bench in the closing stages to round off the win to mark his return from injury.Nice are ninth on 13 points.Nantes, who are second on 19 points, will play Metz on Saturday.Olympique Lyonnais’ new coach Rudi Garcia will make his debut at home against Dijon in the day’s opening match. Reuters/NAN.Tags: Angel di Maria
highlights For all the Latest Sports News News, Football News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. Lucas Moura scored a hat-trick for Tottenham Hotspur.Ajax was denied a chance to enter the final of the tournament since 1996.Tottenham and Liverpool will play an all-England UEFA Champions League final since 2006. Amsterdam: Lucas Moura’s last-gasp strike took Tottenham Hotspur to the Champions League final for the first time in their history on Wednesday, completing his hat-trick and sealing an incredible 3-2 win over Ajax to leave the Dutch side heartbroken. Ajax’s improbable European run seemed set to go on all the way to the final as they led 3-2 on aggregate deep in stoppage time in the second leg of the semi-final at the Johan Cruyff Arena. That was when the ball broke to Lucas in the box and the Brazilian sent a low shot beyond the despairing dive of Ajax goalkeeper Andre Onana to seal their comeback, making it 3-2 to them on the night, 3-3 on aggregate, and taking Mauricio Pochettino’s men through on away goals. The Ajax players slumped to the turf, their fans stunned, as they go out and Spurs advance to face fellow comeback kings Liverpool in an all-English final in Madrid on June 1.Leading 1-0 after the first leg, the thrilling young Dutch side appeared to have killed the tie after captain Matthijs de Ligt and Hakim Ziyech both scored in the first half here. That left Tottenham needing a comeback to match that of Liverpool against Barcelona the previous night but in an even shorter amount of time.RELATED A quickfire brace by Lucas early in the second half gave them something to cling to, before he struck the decisive blow, denying Ajax a first final since 1996. Erik ten Hag’s team, who had already eliminated the holders, Real Madrid, and Cristiano Ronaldo’s Juventus this season, were applauded by their devastated fans at full-time and must now somehow lift themselves to try to win the Dutch title. They had been dealt a blow just minutes before kick-off when Brazilian winger David Neres pulled out of their starting line-up after the warm-up, his place taken by the young Dane, Kasper Dolberg. Whirlwind start That last-minute switch did not perturb the Dutch club, though. Far from it. Dusan Tadic moved to the left wing, and Ajax set about tearing into their opponents right from the off, just as they had done in the first leg. They won a corner after Hugo Lloris had stretched to his left to beat away a Tadic shot, and from the delivery that followed from Lasse Schoene, De Ligt rose to head home a fifth-minute opener. Spurs — without Harry Kane but with Son Heung-min back after missing the first leg due to suspension — did threaten an immediate reply as a Son cross hit the near post, but Ajax escaped and came again, a Tadic shot that fizzed just past the far post acting as a prelude for what was to follow in the 35th minute. This time Tadic, the former Southampton player, cut the ball back for Ziyech, whose first-time shot on his left foot flew into the far corner from a difficult angle. It was a wonderful goal, and it had surely killed the tie. The Spurs fans were understandably subdued, and they would not have harboured too much hope in Fernando Llorente as the big striker replaced Victor Wanyama for the second half. Yet the way Pochettino’s side came back out after half-time echoed what Liverpool had done at Anfield 24 hours earlier. They scored their first in the 55th minute, Lucas combining with Alli and slotting low past Onana. Four minutes after that Onana made an improbable save from Llorente’s effort inside the six-yard box, but the ball came back to Lucas and the Brazilian turned and managed to find a corner. He wheeled away in celebration, all too aware that Tottenham was now just one goal away from completing the turnaround. With such tension, Ajax no longer appeared so liberated, but Ziyech twice nearly scored again, grazing the post with a first-time shot and then hitting the same upright in the 79th minute. Jan Vertonghen hit the bar at the other end, but just when it looked like Ajax would hang on, Lucas delivered the killer blow.
In a telephone chat with former Julius Berger safe hand, Christian Obi, he regreted that another of their own who served Nigeria meritoriously had passed away.“I cannot forget in a hurry some of our confrontations while he was playing for Shooting Stars, he was always rock solid at the back,” Obi recalled. He played professionally abroad at Ivoirian side, African Sports, Anyang LG Cheetahs (Korea), SK Sturm Graz (Austria) and Indian club Mohun Bagan AC.On October 17, 2008 Babalade was named as manager of the Shooting Stars FC.He is survived by a wife and three kids, who are all based in the US.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Former Super Eagles and Shooting Stars Sports Club defender Ajibade Babalade died yesterday in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, after suffering cardiac arrest.THISDAY learnt that Kunde, as he was popularly called in his playing days died while being rushed to the University College Hospital, Ibadan.Babalade started his professional career at Stationery Stores of Lagos in 1990, before several stints at 3SC, helping the Oluyole Warriors reach the final of the CAF Champions in League in 1996.
Published on August 17, 2014 at 9:10 pm Contact Jesse: firstname.lastname@example.org | @dougherty_jesse Freshman walk-on punter Evan Jakubowski has left the team, Scout.com reported on Sunday night. Jakubowski was second on the depth chart behind senior Riley Dixon, but is now another player to leave Syracuse before its opener against Villanova on Aug. 29.Jakubowski told The Daily Orange in April that he considered offers from Missouri and Miami (Ohio) before choosing the Orange. He also said that with Dixon establishing himself as the bonafide starting punter, he was ready to compete for field goals and kickoffs as a freshman.With Jakubowski leaving, it is expected that freshman Cole Murphy, junior Ryan Norton or senior Alex Hodgkinson will replace him on the depth chart. Jakubowski’s plans for the immediate future have not been reported. Comments Facebook Twitter Google+
The world number three has only played one tournament so far this season – the South African Open where he lost out to Graeme Storm on a playoff. McIlroy says tomorrow’s WGC-Mexico Championship marks the start of his tilt at the Masters – the only major that has so far eluded him.
Share StumbleUpon Submit Digital bank Monzo has revealed that 223,000 of its customers have activated its gambling block feature, with the number of users having more than doubled in the past year.Reported on AltFi, the digital bank confirmed that approximately 5% of its total customer base had activated the gambling block feature which allows users to stop transactions to bookmakers, both in-person and online, in addition to limiting cash withdrawals.This year, an average of 2,314 people each week have activated the feature for the first time. The bank also stated that approximately eight percent of customers which activated the feature for the first time later disabled it.August 2019 saw the greatest increase in customers signing up to the feature, with 17,474 bankers activating the gambling block. The bank attributed the increase to heightened media coverage.In order to disable the feature, customers must undergo a 48-hour cooling off period, as well as discussing their decision with the customer support team.Following the introduction of the feature, Monzo – in collaboration with GambleAware – predicted that roughly 5,000 of its users would be identified as problem gamblers. The digital bank emphasised that the feature formed part of a wider initiative to support its customers affected by financial trouble.This July, GambleAware published sanctioned research by the University of Bristol’s Personal Finance Research Centre (PFRC), stating that approximately 60% of UK current accounts were covered by blocking services.Despite strong take-up from banks in providing blocking services, GambleAware stated that it had observed numerous flaws in how the applications had been built, labelling safeguards as ‘more like a light switch than a lock’.Following its study , GambleAware has provided UK Finance with a blueprint to provide to banking incumbents, detailing how to ensure that vulnerable consumers do not engage with gambling services. YGAM focuses on BAME community engagement with CVR link-up August 21, 2020 Share GambleAware: Engage those with lived experience of gambling harms August 28, 2020 Related Articles Marc Etches to step down as CEO of GambleAware in 2021 August 14, 2020
Lameck Bagerbaseh dazzled with a 3-6, 6-1, 7-5 win over Amos Asante to be crowned winner of the boys U-12 McDan Junior Open tennis at the Accra Stadium Center Court played over the weekend.The winner shrugged off stiff challenge from his Ashaiman-based opponent in a thrilling final that lasted for a little over three hours.And for his brilliance, he received a ¢2,000 worth of scholarship, a running trophy, a certificate and Planet drinks.Both finalists have thus qualified for the African Junior Championship slated for Morocco in September.Osu-based Bright Nortey came from a set down to finish first in the boys U-14 category with a two straight win (7-6, 6-3) results against Ishmael Dowuona. Winneba’s Mariama Ibrahim beat Naa Mckorley, daughter of Dr. Dan Mckorley 6-0, 6-4 in the girls U-16 finals on Friday.It was Tracy Ampah from Tarkwa, who clinched the girl’s U-12 category ultimate prize with a 6-2, 1-6, 6-4 victory.In the girls U-14, Aleona Ankrah also of Winneba beat Lawrencia Mainoo of Ashaiman 6-3, 6-0.Aaron Asante of Ashaiman also defeated Gerald Obimpe of Tema 6-2, 6-2 in the boys U-16. All winners in the three categories (Boys and girls) received ¢2,000 worth scholarship each, a gold medal, certificate, trophy and Twellium products, runners-up ¢1,500 worth scholarship, silver medal, certificates and products, while semi-finalists received ¢1,000 worth of scholarship, a bronze medal, certificates and products.Head of Sales and Marketing, McDan Group Obodai Sai, who stood in for the Group chairman, Dr Daniel Mckorley pointed out that “We want to restore the sport’s fortunes hence this support. We started with the mainstream. It’s been good so far, and now for the kids. They have demonstrated that giving the push as we have done, many more talents would be raised and Ghana will be the eventual winner.” The week-long competition received support from Twellium Industries Limited (Official beverage sponsor) and Nationwide Mutual Healthcare (Official health provider). All the close to 200 participants took home certificates
Thus, the players of the football team will continue with the plan that Zidane and his coaching staff designed for them. They were instructed to be detained at home, to be in permanent contact with the medical services if they perceived the onset of any symptoms of the virus, they were given nutritional advice and they were ordered to do physical work so as not to neglect the form during this break. still no end date. Almost all the players have gyms in their homes and, as happens in preseason, Gregory Dupont, physical trainer, has designed a specific plan for each of them. Also, Zidane is aware of his players and has already telephoned some of them several times, as is the case with Hazard, He continues to recover from his ankle operation. Quarantine ended in Madrid but, like the rest of the country, confinement continues and, therefore, work at home. The quarantine of the Real Madrid players has ended. He did this Thursday after the fifteen-day period had elapsed since the club announced on March 12 that Trey Thompkins, a member of the basketball team, had tested positive for the coronavirus. Real Madrid sources assure this newspaper that no other player in the entity has tested positive for the COVD-19. Around 750 workers from the Madrid entity, including athletes and members of the different departments, have been forced to comply with this quarantine status.This point and end to the period of isolation It does not imply changes in the protocol that is being followed in the club. Players will not return to training and, like the rest of the Spanish, they will continue confinement due to the state of alarm as long as the Government does not say otherwise. Thus, all the members of the entity of Concha Espina will remain in the capital of Spain, with the exception of Luka Jovic, who went to Serbia last week with the approval of Madrid after failing the coronavirus test, something that generated a wave of criticism in his country.