杭州桑拿 Tag Archive
€1.46 million has been made available to support home adaptations for older people, people with a disability and people with mobility issues in Donegal a Fine Gael councillor has said. The funding, which has been increased this year, will enable older people and people with disabilities to remain living independently in their own homes for longer and will also facilitate early return from hospital.Cllr. Jimmy Kavanagh said: “I am confident that today’s allocation will continue to build on the progress made since the introduction of this scheme in 2007 and it will demonstrate the Government’s continued commitment to older people and people with a disability. “This follows on from the launch last week of our policy document ‘Housing Options for Our Ageing Population’, which committed further resources from the Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government for this scheme.“I am also pleased that funding has been increasing year on year since 2014.”“These grants have an immense impact on the quality of life of the many beneficiaries and play a vitally important role in helping people with a disability and people who are reaching an age in life when they are less mobile, to continue to live independently in their own homes.”Cllr.Kavanagh added that grants of up to €30,000 are available to assist people with a disability in carrying out necessary works to make a house more suitable for their needs, up to €8,000 to assist older people living in poor housing conditions to have necessary repairs or improvements carried out and up to €6,000 for mobility aids to address mobility problems for a member of the household. He said “The grants are 80% funded from the exchequer by the Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government, with 20% funding from Donegal County council.“The grants also create employment opportunities for builders and local businesses and help reduce the dependency on our health services by supporting independent living for as long as possible.”“The grants have been increased by around 8% in 2019, the figure for Donegal in 2018 was just over €1.1m so this year’s grant is an increase of almost €300,000“Last year these grants assisted over 9,400 households nationally and this year, some 11,800 households will benefit from the schemes.”Cllr Kavanagh urges people to avail of housing grants was last modified: March 12th, 2019 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Cllr Jimmy Kavanaghgrantshousing
Coláiste Ailigh held its annual Awards Ceremony last month on Thursday, 16th May with special guests and special moments for all the students and staff. This ceremony is one of the highlights of our school year where staff take the opportunity to acknowledge the efforts and achievements of the students in the same academic year.Guest speaker on the night was Minister for Education and Skills, Joe McHugh TD, who praised the achievements of students in both academia and extra-curricular activities. Other guest speakers on the night included Henry McGarvey of LYIT, Anne McHugh, CE of Donegal ETB and Dr Micheál Ó Gailín, past pupil of the school.The night was organised to celebrate the schools most successful year in Coláiste Ailigh’s history, with the school bringing six national titles back to Donegal, across a diverse range of activities from basketball to ladies soccer, and from science to music.See a collection of photos from the awards ceremony below…Proud moments at the Coláiste Ailigh Prize Giving – Picture Special was last modified: June 10th, 2019 by Shaun KeenanShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Expectations of high increases in the marginal tax rate, capital gains tax and VAT failed to materialise in what has been labelled a reassuring budget, delivered by Finance Minister Nhlanhla Nene in Parliament on Wednesday.“Just like central banking, the best possible budget is a boring budget, and this is a boring one,” Dr Adrian Saville, Chief Strategist at Citadel, a wealth management company, said in a statement on Thursday.“As a society we tend to be ultra-sensitive and hyper-reactive, but the most sensible way to understand this government is to watch how it acts. It behaves like a middle-class conservative party and this is a middle-class, conservative budget.”A middle-class conservative country builds a strong economy. This is in the best interests of investors and the minister has given no reason for capital flight. “Boring is good,” he said.Overall, there is not too much surprise, although the minister’s assumptions of a 3% growth rate by 2017 are optimistic, said George Herman, Head of South African Portfolios at Citadel.It is difficult to see where the cash will come from to stabilise the parastatals. The minister said the allocation of R23-billion made in October for Eskom would be paid in three installments, but did not make it clear where that cash is to be found; similarly, he was quiet on the R14.4-billion guarantees for SAA.The 2c temporary increase in the electricity levy to 5.5c/kWh will work out to be a big number and every consumer who pays for electricity will pay that, although this may well work out to be a further subsidy for industrial users paid by residential users, said Saville, who points out that the minister did not say whether this levy will be across the board.A noteworthy change is the price of petrol. A 30.5c a litre increase in the fuel levy coupled with a 50c a litre increase for the Road Accident Fund means we will be paying an extra 80.5c per litre of petrol, although this is offset against the drop in the oil price.The easiest way to see the effects of the lower oil price is in the price of petrol, but oil is possibly the single biggest cost component in manufacturing after labour, so in this case the fuel levy will not detract from the boost given to manufacturing by the low international oil price.Analysts had expected a substantial jump in capital gains tax and the marginal tax rate, some predicting as high as 45%. It is with some relief then, that the announcement was for a small rise (41% from 40%), said Madeleine Schubert, Citadel Strategic Director: Tax and Fiduciary.“It is a lovely budget for offshore investors; the offshore allowance has risen from R4- million to R10-million. The immigration allowance is now up to R20-million and corporates can take a billion offshore,” she said.In more good news for offshore investors, this allowance can be put into a structure rather than simply taken as cash. It points to the general easing of exchange controls. “These are big numbers and show that the government is getting ready to lift exchange controls altogether,” said Schubert.Nene was silent on taxes on hedge funds, but in line with other tax increases – personal income tax is up 1% – he raised taxes on trusts by a single percentage point. “Personal income tax is up, but the medical aid rebate and the primary rebate are down, so this evens out,” Schubert adds.“I have a feeling the 1% increase will be welcomed with open arms by investors as there is no increase in dividend taxes, death duties or capital gains taxes,” said John Kennedy, Citadel Director: Wealth Planning and Regional Head: Western Cape. “A tax rate increase of 1% is far better than what the market expected and it is very welcome.”“From a tax side, there is nothing really too concerning,” says Schubert, welcoming the plan to look more closely at transfer pricing and the digital economy. “This is on trend globally,” she added.Herman said he was “quite surprised that the tax adjustments were not more progressive than they were”.“I was expecting a super-tax. This 1% increase is similar to a VAT increase, but is politically more palatable,” he said.Collectively, all the increases will bring in R16.7-billion, and the government was looking for R17-billion, so that was also a very smart move.”The markets greeted the budget with little change. The rand was a touch weaker after strengthening overnight, but investors were pleased that the rumours of significant tax increases – particularly on the high end of the scale – were not made.The runaway spend is social spend, which is ahead of spend on basic education, and on the civil service. About one in three South Africans receives a social grant.Debt service shows the fastest growth over the next three years, says Herman. It is in double digits and is rising. Borrowing requirements are not yet onerous, but this can become exponentially worse.“Looking in a straight line over a year or two, debt service costs overtake social spend,” said Saville. “We are going in the wrong direction on that.”Overall, the budget was tight and conservative, and the minister managed to balance the need for increased revenue without stifling spending. The credibility of the country’s financial systems remains intact.“Today we have seen more pragmatism and consistency. There have been no major surprises,” said Kennedy.Source: Citadel Investment Services
View comments Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Nonong Araneta re-elected as PFF president Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC PBA legend Jimmy Alapag, who replaced Mac Cuan, is also making his head coaching debut for Alab Pilipinas. BSP sees higher prices in November, but expects stronger peso, low rice costs to put up fight Read Next Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa Fire hits houses in Mandaluyong City The 40-year-old guard, one of the deadliest sharpshooters in the PBA, fortifies the Philippines’ roster that already features the likes of import Ivan Johnson and Bobby Ray Parks Jr.Hontiveros, who had a colorful 17-year career in the pros, is just one of six former PBA players in the lineup.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutJoining Hontiveros are ex-PBA veterans Rico Maierhofer, Josh Urbiztondo, Pamboy Raymundo and Rob Celiz. Oping Sumalinog, who briefly played for TNT is also part of the team.Completing the team are gritty point guard Pao Javelona and the returning Lawrence Domingo. Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles01:18Sangley airport to be operational in 7 days – Tugade01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games Alab Pilipinas new recruits Oping Sumalinog (left) and Dondon Hontiverors. Photo by Mark Giongco/INQUIRER.netBarely a month after announcing his retirement from the PBA, Dondon Hontiveros is lacing up his kicks again to write the next chapter of his basketball career.Hontiveros has been tapped to play for Alab Pilipinas in the Asean Basketball League.ADVERTISEMENT LOOK: Loisa Andalio, Ronnie Alonte unwind in Amanpulo for 3rd anniversary MOST READ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. LATEST STORIES Frontrow holds fun run to raise funds for young cancer patients Cavs, Warriors gear up to begin championship quests again
TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say PSV striker Donyell Malen back on agenda of Arsenalby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the lovePSV Eindhoven’s £50million-rated striker Donyell Malen is back on the agenda of Arsenal.The Mirror says Arsenal are monitoring Malen – two years after allowing the young Dutchman to move back to Holland for just £500,000.No fewer than 45 clubs have asked PSV to keep them informed of their plans for the 20-year-old international, who was dubbed the new Thierry Henry when he spent two seasons with the Gunners’ youth team.Malen has scored 11 goals in just 13 matches in four competitions for Eindhoven this season after hitting double figures in his breakthrough campaign.Eindhoven believe he is already worth 100 times the sum they paid Arsenal to secure his services.
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Newcastle owner Ashley makes honest admission to Woodwardby Paul Vegas9 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveNewcastle United owner Mike Ashley knows how he’s seen within the game.The Evening Chronicle says he dubbed himself ‘the most unpopular man in football’ in a meeting with Manchester United supremo Ed Woodward, according to a report.The Magpies recently earned a crucial 1-0 win over the Red Devils earlier this month as Matty Longstaff capped his Premier League debut with the winning goal.The win lifted Steve Bruce’s side out of the relegation zone and relieved the pressure that had been building on the Newcastle manager.The same cannot be said for Ashley, though, with Magpies fans growing tired of his unpopular 12-year reign.
TAYLOR, B.C. – Dawson Road Maintenance North Peace have announced that more maintenance work will be taking place on the Taylor Bridge.Dawson Road Maintenance says maintenance will be taking place tonight, July 31, from 7:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.Traffic will be single lane alternating with up to 20-minute delays. DRM is advising drivers to plan this delay in their commute.Check DriveBC for updates, or you can call the after-hours line at 1-888-883-6688.
ANA Inspiration of Japanbook your flights by clicking here ANA 30th AnniversaryANA celebrates 30 years of international serviceThanks to our many customers, ANA celebrated our 30th anniversary as an international airline. To show our appreciation, we held special events on March 3rd at Narita Airport, where our first regular international flight to Guam took off 30 years ago.Honorary guests at our event at Narita Airport included Narita City and the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport representatives. Some of them also came 30 years ago to celebrate our first international flight!The ceremony began with an award presentation of ANA’s highest 5-Star SKYTRAX Rating for four years straight to President Shinobe by SKYTRAX CEO Edward Plaisted. Only seven airlines in the world have received this honour and ANA is the only Japanese airline to do so.A special dance performance by 30 ANA employees and cheerleaders livened up the event. Just as they do in the front lines of our services, they brought their energy to excite the crowd.Our international flights featured some special services and menu items on this day. The Narita to Los Angeles flight’s cabin attendants showcased ten different uniforms worn throughout ANA’s history. ANA’s own chef came on board to serve ANA’s original parfait, which was served in First and Business Class until 2013.Our promise at ANA is to always make our passenger’s air travel experience more enjoyable and comfortable.We look forward to seeing you on board!About ANAANA is the largest airline in Japan by revenues and passenger numbers. Founded in 1952, ANA flies today on 81 international routes and 112 domestic routes. The ANA group has 35,000 employees and a fleet of about 240 aircraft. In FY2014, it carried 50.4 million passengers and generated revenues of 1.71 trillion Japanese yen. ANA has been a member of Star Alliance since 1999, and has joint-ventures with United Airlines on trans-Pacific and Asia routes and with Lufthansa, Swiss International Airlines and Austrian Airlines on Japan-Europe routes. Its Frequent Flyer Program, ANA Mileage Club, has more than 26 million members. ANA was voted Airline of the Year for 2013 by Air Transport World Magazine and in 2016 was awarded five stars for the fourth consecutive year by the world’s leading Airline and Airport review site, SKYTRAX. ANA is the launch customer and biggest operator of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner. Source = ANA – The Walshe Group
State Rep. Aric Nesbitt this week announced he has been named chair of the House Energy Policy Committee, in addition to his new role as majority floor leader.Nesbitt served as chair of the House Energy and Technology Committee last term, which has now been divided into two committees: Energy Policy, and Communications and Technology. In his State of the State address on Jan. 20, the governor announced he will deliver a special message on energy policy in March, which Nesbitt says should help shed light on where Michigan stands in comparison to other states on energy independence.“Ensuring that Michigan residents and small businesses have access to reliable energy is a top priority when it comes to strengthening our economy and building prosperous communities throughout the state,” said Nesbitt, R-Lawton. “As chair, I will continue to focus on how we can create an ‘all of the above’ energy approach, emphasizing the need to have clean, affordable energy available to Michigan’s hard-working families.”Nesbitt was also a member of the House Energy and Technology Committee during his first term, serving as chair of the Natural Gas Subcommittee.Nesbitt can be reached at (517) 373-0839, via email at [email protected], and by mail at P.O. Box 30014, Lansing, MI 48909. Categories: News 22Jan Nesbitt to chair House Energy Policy Committee
A resolution introduced by state Rep. Hank Vaupel, of Fowlerville, to remove age limitations currently placed on judges was approved today by the House Judiciary Committee.Currently, the Michigan Constitution requires state justices and judges to retire after they turn 70. Vaupel’s resolution proposes a constitutional amendment to eliminate the mandatory retirement age.“This legislation is long overdue. It doesn’t make sense to force good, competent judges to stop serving simply because they’ve reached a certain arbitrary age,” Vaupel said. “The restriction is causing the loss of knowledge and experience exhibited by judges who have years of experience serving on the bench.”Vaupel said when the language was first added to the Michigan Constitution in 1955, the average life expectancy for Americans was just 70 years old. The life expectancy in the U.S. today is much higher.“An age restriction is not needed to protect the public from judges who are unfit to preside because there are already adequate measures in place to accomplish that goal,” Vaupel said, noting that the Judicial Tenure Commission investigates and recommends the removal of judges for cause.House Joint Resolution G now moves to the full House for consideration. If approved by two-thirds of the House and Senate, the measure would be placed on the ballot for voters to consider.### Categories: Vaupel News 25Apr House panel approves Vaupel resolution eliminating age limits on judges